Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Omaha... somewhere in middle America!

Any town with a Counting Crows song is good in my book... I have a feeling that Omaha is going to be great.

I am getting so excited that I can't focus (hence this blog). It amazes me how once you know you are going to see people you have not seen in what seems like forever, your thoughts return to another time. Those 4 years in Spokane at times seem like a distant memory. I think I put them there because there is so much longing I still have for that life, those people, and the memories just make me wish for them again.

It also brings tears to my eyes already to think of Tori walking down through those church doors. Not so long ago we were across the hall mates on our first day of college, scared to let go of our mommies and excited for freedom. Now we are women, married, moved, changed, but we still need our mommies, and now we need each other, too. There is nothing more powerful that female friendship, I honestly believe that. Last night I tried on my bridesmaid's dress and all I could think was how blessed I am to stand up and be a witness to two amazing people's marriage. How a 30 years from now when that dress will no long stretch over my hips, and our faces are covered in lines, we will still be standing up witnessing each other's big and small moments.

So here I go... off to Omaha... on a really killer adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Have fun my friend. Give Tori a big hug for me. I'm so excited for her. Enjoy Omaha...although, I wonder what, besides Tori, is in Omaha really. Love you!

    ReplyDelete